Douglas, MA – Frantic calls reporting a garage fire next to a dwelling were received at the 911 call center for the address of 142 West Street around 0130hrs on August 8, 2009. Douglas Fire dispatched all fire personnel moments later. As the companies were responding they received word that oxy-acetylene and propane tanks were also inside the structure. Firefighters were encountered with a fully involved 2 bay garage and a 15’ tow behind camper. The camper had two 20# propane cylinders on the tongue of the frame. The occupied 1.5sty wood framed Cape Cod style dwelling had fire running up the side 3-4 corner from the basement level to the roof line. A 2.5” hand line was stretched in to start knocking the fire down. A load roar was heard as the 2 propane tanks on the camper started to vent off. The firefighters retreated to a safe distance until all of the fuel had burned itself off. The smoke started to get real thick from the dwelling during this momentary retreat to safety. The OIC special called Uxbridge, Leicester, and Sutton for tankers, firefighters and coverage on his arrival to the scene. Several more hand lines were placed into operation to protect the dwelling from further fire spread. Douglas Ladder 1 set up its stick to start vertical ventilation on side one. Heavy fire started to blow out of the vent hole as soon as the roof was popped open. The aggressive interior crews waited inside for the heat to vent out of the roof before the pushed in on the second floor and attic. Webster Rescue, Oakland-Mapleville, Pascoag, and Oxford EMS, were also special called to the scene during the fire fight. All four occupants safely exited the structure before fire apparatus arrived. The firefighters also conducted tedious salvage operations on the first floor of the dwelling to protect valuables from further damage.